What is cervicobrachial neuralgia?
Cervicobrachial neuralgia is characterized by a pain that starts in the neckIt extends into the arm and can sometimes radiate into the hand.
The spine is composed of three distinct regions. The cervical spine consists of the first 7 vertebrae at the nape of the neck. The dorsal spine consists of the next 12 vertebrae. Then the lumbar spine with 5 vertebrae in the lower back. This complex structure allows the back to be articulated, but also protects the spinal cord which runs inside the vertebrae. It is the spinal cord that distributes the nerve roots to innervate the skin, muscles and joints.
Cervicobrachial neuralgia is a cervical nerve injury which runs from the neck to the arm. When this is irritated or compressed, it becomes painful and causes very unpleasant electrical discharge or pinching sensations. The pain may be more or less constant and affect mobility.
What causes cervicobrachial neuralgia?
Cervical spinal pain can be caused by a number of conditions.
This is particularly the case with osteoarthritis. When the cervical disc is worn out prematurely, the space between the two vertebrae shrinks and the passage of the nerve root is restricted. This loss of surface area can lead to compression of the cervical nerve.
A herniated disc can also cause cervical nerve damage. Here again, the cervical disc is the cause of the disturbance. The fibrous ring is no longer able to hold the soft nucleus of the disc, so the disc causes a protrusion which compresses the cervical nerve.
Ligaments, repeated rubbing between bones, a fracture or other more serious conditions can also cause this "sciatica of the neck"It is therefore important to consult a doctor as soon as the first pains appear.
How to recognise cervicobrachial neuralgia?
Several nerve roots can be affected and cause cervicobrachial neuralgia. Depending on the area, the symptoms may be as follows:
- pain : Similar to an electric shock or a burn, pain is the first sign of cervicobrachial neuralgia. It follows a precise path that can radiate into the hand.
- sensitivity disorders : Tingling in the arm, loss of sensation when touched or a feeling of "cardboard skin" are also signs of nerve root disturbance.
- loss of mobility: Certain meticulous gestures become extremely difficult to carry out, such as fastening buttons on a shirt, writing or performing other very specific gestures. This symptom is also a sign of an advanced lesion, to avoid any risk of complete paralysis it is important to consult without delay.
Relieve your joint pain with STIMCARE patches
Simply apply the patch by following our tutorial videos, available just here to guide you through each step.
If you have any questions regarding the application of the patch, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. A therapist trained and certified in the application of the STIMCARE patches is available and will take the time to answer you.
How to relieve cervicobrachial neuralgia?
- rest : The first point is obviously rest. It is essential to reduce friction in the neck area. Wearing a cervical collar can help to limit neck movements.
- Peppermint essential oil: Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, Peppermint essential oil helps to reduce pain of nervous origin.
- rehabilitation : Physiotherapy sessions can gradually restore movement while strengthening the muscles around the disturbed root.
- STIMCARE Arthro patches: The natural, non-transdermal composition of the patches allows for healthy and effective pain management. The mineral oxides in the patch reflect the infrared radiation emitted during inflammation, this concentration of infrared radiation improves oxygen supply and reduces inflammation. Applied to key points in Chinese medicine, STIMCARE patches offer a simple and effective alternative for the relief of neck injuries. If the painful sensations are only localized in the neck area, follow the tuto: "Soulager la gêne des cervicales” (photo below). If the sensations go down the arm, you can combine with the protocol: "Relieve shoulder discomfort". Finally, if the discomfort goes down to the elbow, you can add a patch on the elbow joint to relieve the whole arm.
Cervicobrachial neuralgia, also known as "Cervical spinal cord injury", is a condition that is not only common in the United States but also in Europe.sciatica of the neck"Sleep is a painful disturbance that has a heavy impact on daily life and must be taken into consideration. The STIMCARE patches work effectively day and night to release the disturbance and restore restful sleep with ease.